CNLS Executive Committee Member
Statistical Physics, Nonlinear Dynamics, Random Processes
Office: TA-3, Bldg. SM-123, Rm 146
Mail Stop: B-213
Phone: (505) 667-9471
Fax: (505) 665-3003
- B.S., Physics and Mathematics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, 1990
- Ph.D., Physics, Boston University, 1994
- Postdoctoral Research:
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Chicago, 1994-1996
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Nonlinear Studies, 1996-1998
- Technical Staff Member, Complex Systems Group (T-13), 1998-2006
- Group Leader, Complex Systems Group (T-13), 2006-present
- Soft and Granular Matter
- Nonequilibrium Dynamics and Irreversible processes
- Transport Processes
- Complex Networks
- Population and Mathematical Biology
Selected Recent Publications:
- E. Ben-Naim and J. Machta,
Stationary States and Energy Cascades in Inelastic Gases,
- E. Ben-Naim and P.L. Krapivsky
Kinetic Theory of Random Graphs: from Paths to Cycles,
Phys. Rev. E in press (2005).
- E. Ben-Naim, P.L. Krapivsky, and S. Redner
Bifurcations and Patterns in Compromise Processes,
Physica D 183, 190 (2003).
- X. Nie, E. Ben-Naim, and S.Y. Chen
Dynamics of Freely Cooling Granular Gases,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 89, 204301 (2002).
- E. Ben-Naim, Z.A. Daya, P. Vorobieff, and R.E. Ecke
Knots and Random Walks in Vibrated Granular Chains,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 86, 1414 (2001).
- E. Ben-Naim, S.Y. Chen, G. D. Doolen, and S. Redner
Shock Like Dynamics of Inelastic Gases,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 83, 4069 (1999).